- prefecture: Aichi
- Country: Japan
- Zip/Postal Code: 400062
- Listed: November 23, 2018 9:07 PM
- Expires: 90 days, 3 hours
The Sales Manager is responsible for Japan Sales Segment, in line with the organizational vision, mission and objectives. He/she will be responsible for maintaining and increasing profitability of both New and Existing University business collaborations. He/she is also responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to bring in the revenue from the top Universities in Japan. This position requires experience in dealing with universities/publishers OR this position requires a mandatory background of being from university or publisher management.
To achieve these objectives, the candidate must effectively manage sales activities and must have in-depth understanding of Japan academic organizational structure and knowledge of the market.
Sales & Business Development (Primary): Build and manage high-level clients, strategic partnerships and industry relationships with Publishers. Recruit and manage channel partners, participate in Academic Workshops/Conferences. Create alliances with Universities/Publishing Houses/Laboratories/Hospitals/Corporates etc. to promote scientific academic editing services.
Strategy development and implementation: Lead, direct and execute the organizational sales strategy. Maintain close communication with the management on relevant factors and changes in the business environment and provide insights in the development and implementation of overall Japan strategy.
Supervision and coordination: Work in collaboration with staff from Japan and India offices from various departments: Sales, Marketing, Client servicing, Payments, Accounting and finance, Human Resources and all other relevant teams.
Accountability: Accountability and responsibility for decisions at sales segment and work independently under the supervision of the top management.
Market research: Analyze, follow and update market trends, govt. policies etc. that may directly or indirectly affect the company’s operations, sales or growth.
• Must have 5-6 years of work experience.
• Prior experience in STM publishing industry and office management would be an added advantage.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to operate in a highly services-driven environment
• Ensures that the business has the capability to adapt to changing requirements
• Initiates and leverages opportunities to work with others internally and externally to benefits the business
• Maturity and patience to build and develop relationships of integrity with customers and industry
• High level of networking skills and existing industry relationships. Should be able to connect with representatives from universities, industry and government.
• High level of presentation and communication skills
• Ability to develop solutions and consult to sell.
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Deal Closer
• Proactive and collaborative decision maker
• Deep understanding of business development and the interplay between contracts, operations and commercial outcomes
• Must be able to travel as required
165 total views, 5 today